I’m often contacted by parents in various countries who are planning to visit Tokyo with their children…and ask me for suggestions for places to take them in this city.
So I thought it would be helpful for people who are planning to visit Tokyo with kids if I wrote a post with some places that are popular with kids in Tokyo.
So, in no particular order, here is a brief list of places in Tokyo to take kids:
– Kiddyland – One of the giant toy stores in Tokyo. In Omotesando, near Harajuku.
– Yamashiroya – Another giant toy store. Near Ueno train station.
– Hakuhinkan – This giant toy store is in Ginza.
– Odaiba – A driverless train takes you to this part of Tokyo. Has a shopping center, cat-cafe, bicycle rental, a Statue of Liberty like the one in New York…but smaller, and a life-size “Gundam” robot.
– Tokyo Sky Tree – At 634 meters tall, it’s the world’s tallest tower. It’s within walking distance of Asakusa.
I also sometimes give inexpensive (not much more than the cost of my train fare) walking tours of Tokyo to foreign visitors, when my schedule allows.
Feel free to contact me with this form if you need more information: