Vogue Magazine has made a list of the “Fifteen Coolest Neighborhoods in the World“.
And they ranked a trendy neighborhood in Tokyo as the coolest in the world.
According to Vogue, the fifteen coolest neighborhoods in the world are:
15. Dashanzi, Beijing, China
14. Kreuzberg, Berlin, Germany
13. Hackney, London, UK
12. Silver Lake, Los Angeles, USA
11. Fitzroy, Melbourne, Australia
10. Zona Rosa & La Condesa, Mexico City, Mexico
9. Wynwood, Miami, USA
8. Brera, Milan, Italy
7. Bushwick, New York City, USA
6. Canal Saint Martin, Paris, France
5. Centro, Sao Paulo, Brazil
4. Tiong Bahru, Singapore
3. Sodermalm, Stockholm, Sweden
2. West Queen West, Toronto, Canada
1. 東京都下北沢 (Shimo-Kitazawa, Tokyo, Japan)
I have been to Shimo-Kitazawa many times. It’s a nice area, so I was happy to see it listed as the world’s coolest neighborhood.
I don’t read Vogue magazine…I found out about this ranking because it was mentioned on a Japanese TV morning show that I watch.
Have you ever been to Shimo-Kitazawa?