****Updated: 2014 September 28th****
Thank you to the many people who took this “Japan Quiz” during the few days that it was on my blog!
This quiz was more popular than I anticipated, so I’ll make another one in the future.
Here are the answers to the quiz:
Here’s a short quiz about Japan. It’s just for fun and not too difficult.
Submit your answers and I will contact you with you score.
will put the correct answers on this post after a few days or so (on Sept 28th 2014).
Anyhow, here’s my quiz about Japan with the correct answers in red. (Feel free to leave a comment on this post with any thoughts or questions you have about this quiz):
1. What is the name of the country of Japan in Japanese?
(A) Japan (B) Japon (C) Nippon (D) Kingdom of Japan
2. What is the essential ingredient for sushi?
(A) Vinegared rice (B) Raw fish (C) Seaweed (D) Soy sauce
3. What are Cherry Blossoms called in Japanese?
(A) Ocha (B) Sakana (C) Sakura (D) Sanma
4. Who is the beloved robot cat from the 22nd century?
(A) Doraemon (B) Gundam (C) Chibi-Maruko (D) Baikin Man
5. Hokkaido is the __________ prefecture in Japan?
(A) northernmost (B) easternmost (C) southernmost (D) westernmost
6. Tokyo Disneyland is actually in ____________ prefecture.
(A) Kanagawa (B) Chiba (C) Saitama (D) Ibaraki
7. What is a shinkansen ?
(A) A postage stamp (B) A bicycle (C) A rice cooker (D) A bullet-train
8. A koban is a ____________ .
(A) post office (B) police box (C) ambulance (D) train station
9. Which is a traditional Japanese toy?
(A) Kendama (B) Pi-man (C) Makura (D) Zubon
10. The flag of Japan is called “_________” in Japanese.
(A) Rising Sun (B) Aka-shiro (C) Hi-no-maru (D) Taiyo-no-hata