It is now the evening of 2011 December 31st in Japan…a few hours ’til New Years Day 2012.
So, what do you think the five biggest news stories of 2011 were?
I think I’d say:
● The 2011 March 11 earthquake and tsunami in Tohoku, Japan.
● The ten year anniversary of the 2001 September 11th terrorist attacks in America.
● The death of Muammar Gaddafi on 2011 October 20.
● The death of Osama bin Laden on 2011 May 2.
● The Occupy protest movement.
Which events epitomized this past year to you? Tell me in the comments section of this post.
Here’s a YouTube video that shows many photos and videos of this year’s biggest news through a series of “Google searches“: