Last May, at the Kushiro Zoo in 北海道 (Hokkaido, Japan), three baby tigers were born on the brink of death.
The zookeepers were able to save two of them. A male that they named 「タイガ」 (Taiga) and his sister 「ココア」 (Cocoa).
「タイガ」 (Taiga) and 「ココア」 (Cocoa) when they were cubs.
Soon after their birth, the zookeepers discovered that both 「タイガ」 (Taiga) and 「ココア」 (Cocoa) were handicapped.
Their hind legs and back bones had deficiencies and the tigers could only walk by dragging the back of their bodies.
「タイガ」 (Taiga) and 「ココア」 (Cocoa)
I remember when a program about these two tigers was shown on TV here in Japan. They became very popular, and many people went to Kushiro Zoo to see them.
But tragically, today 「タイガ」 (Taiga), the male tiger choked to death on his food. The zookeepers attempted to save him with first aid, but 「タイガ」 (Taiga) was pronounced dead today at 5:28PM.
The weather has been very nice these days in Tokyo.
And it’s forecast to continue like this…until Sunday.
The 天気予報 (weather forecast) says it’ll rain on Sunday, August 30th.
Weather forecast for Tokyo from August 26 - Sept 1
- Wed, Aug 26: Sunny / partly cloudy (22-28°C) (20% chance of rain (COR))
- Thur, Aug 27: Sunny / partly cloudy (23-29°C) (20% COR)
- Fri, Aug 28: Mostly sunny (23-31°C) (10% COR)
- Sat, Aug 29: Sunny / partly cloudy (25-31°C) (20% COR)
- Sun, Aug 30: Scattered rain (24-29°C) (50% COR)
- Mon, Aug 31: Cloudy (23-27°C) (40% COR)
- Tues, Sept 1: Cloudy (22-27°C) (40% COR)
So, if you’re in Tokyo and plan to do some outdoor activities this weekend, doing them on Saturday rather than Sunday, if possible, would probably be a good idea.
If you’re looking for an idea for something to do this weekend in Tokyo…there’ll be the annual Brazilian Samba Fesival in 浅草 (Asakusa, Tokyo) on Saturday.