The online magazine Health Fiend recently published their list of “the World’s Healthiest Countries“ (and their list of “the world’s least healthy countries” too).
Japan was ranked the World’s Healthiest Country based on the magazine’s criteria of:
-the longest healthy life expectancy at birth,
-the percentage of a country’s population with access to improved drinking water and sanitation,
-low infant mortality rates,
-low rate of prevalence of tuberculosis,
-the density of physicians per 1,000 people and
-low undernourishment rates.
Three aspects of Japan were credited in particular with giving Japan the world’s highest life-expectancy:
-the healthy Japanese diet,
-Japan’s health-care system, and
-ラジオ体操 (government-sponsored exercise)
Here are the magazine’s list of the top ten world’s healthiest countries:
I don’t claim to be a beer ソムリエ (sommelier), but I know what I like.
I’m gonna try and make a list here of as many of the different beers I’ve tried that I can remember. And I’m gonna try to rate them (with a rating scale of 1-3 stars (★ ～ ★★★). One star (★) being the lowest, and three (★★★) is the highest).
I also wrote the beer’s country of origin.
The star ratings are simply my personal opinion. Kirin Beer is my favorite. And I think any cold lager is good.
Just so you know where I’m coming from.
- Kirin Lager (★★★) – Japan
- Kirin Classic Lager (★★★) – Japan
- Kirin Ichiban (★★★) – Japan
- Kirin Strong Seven (★★★) – Japan
- Kirin Tanrei (★★★) – Japan
- Kirin Tanei Double (★★★) – Japan
- Kirin Tanrei Green Label (★) – Japan
- Kirin Nodogoshi (★★) – Japan
- Kirin Enjuku (★★★) – Japan
- Kirin Koku-no-jikan (★★★) – Japan
- Kirin Aki-aji (★★) – Japan
- Budweiser (★★) – America
- Bud Ice (★★) – America
Bud Dry (★★) – America
- Heineken (★★★) – Netherlands
- Hitachino Nest Beer (★★★) – Japan
- Asahi Super Dry (★★★) – Japan
- Asahi Hon-nama Draft (red can) (★★★) – Japan
- Asahi Hon-nama Aqua Blue (blue can) (★ ) – Japan
- Asahi Hon-nama Gold (gold can) (★★★) – Japan
- Asahi Cool Draft (★★★) – Japan
- Orion Draft (★★★) – Japan
- Orion Southern Star (★★★) – Japan
- Suntory The Premium Malts (★★★) – Japan
- Suntory Malts (★★★) – Japan
- Suntory MD Golden Dry (★★★) – Japan
- Suntory The Straight (★★★) – Japan
- Suntory Jyokki-nama (★★) – Japan
- Suntory Gold Brew (★★★) -Japan
- Carlsberg (★★★) – Denmark
- Yebisu Premium (★★★) – Japan
- Yebisu Premium Full Malt (★★★) – Japan
- Sapporo Draft One (★★) – Japan
- Sapporo Nama Kuro Label (★★★) – Japan
- San Miguel (★) – Philipines
- Samuel Adams (★★) – America
- Miller Genuine Draft (★★★) - America
- Kamakura Moon (★★) – Japan
- Coedo Ruri (★★★) – Japan
"Coedo Beer" from Kawagoe (Koedo), Saitama, Japan
I may have tried others that I’ve forgotten. This is all that I can remember off the top of my head.
As you can probably tell by my ratings, I love beer…and I’m not real picky. But I’ve tried Guinness Beer and I didn’t think much of it. やっぱり、I like lager beer.
What do you think of my list? Have you tried any of these beers? Are your impressions different from mine? What’s your favorite beer? How often do you have a beer? I have a couple with dinner everyday.