Stuff.co.nz has a so-called list of “MTV’s Greatest Album Ever Top 20” on their site.
Number one on their list is “Thriller” by Michael Jackson!
I not a Michael Jackson fan by a long-shot! I dislike him and his music. I think that “Thriller” album is way over-rated!
Their list also includes albums such as “OK Computer” by Radiohead. They’re even worse than Michael Jackson!
In fact, every single album on their list is a waste of vinyl, in my opinion…except one: they have “Appetite For Destruction” by Guns ‘N Roses listed as number three.
“Appetite For Destruction” is a great album!
I couldn’t believe, though, that they put a list of the Top 20 Greatest Albums Ever and included those other nineteen albums!
But after I re-read the article, I noticed it says “…votes were cast by fans asked to choose their favorite album since 1981 from a shortlist of 26 LPs.“
So, their list is basically meaningless (and so wrong!).
That made me do a search for a better list of the best albums of all time.
I found a list of the Best 500 Albums Of All Time.
It’s better…but KISS doesn’t appear of it even once! (And they have that awful Radiohead as number one! Motörhead ♠ or Diamondhead would’ve been better!)
So, I decided I should put online an accurate list of the best albums.
Here it is…the Best Twenty Albums Of All Time:
- KISS (their debut album). Eight out of the ten songs on this album are classics! How many other albums have 80% of the songs that are concert staples for decades?
- AC/DC : Back In Black.
- KISS : Alive II. When I was about eight-years-old, this is the first KISS album I ever saw. It made an impression on me.
- Mötley Crüe : Shout At The Devil. The epitome of ’80s heavy metal.
- Guns ‘N Roses : Appetite For Destruction. The only album from MTV’s list that belongs on a Top 20 list!
- Jackyl (their debut album). The lead singer plays the chainsaw! That’s rock ‘n roll!
- Def Leppard : Pyromania. The last decent album by this band! I saw them in concert after the drummer lost his arm in an accident and began drumming with one arm!
- Megadeth : Countdown To Extinction.
- Metallica (the black album. (Should be titled: “Don’t Tread On Me” because of the cover)). All of Metallica‘s albums up to this one are great! Don’t know what happened to them after they cut their hair though!)
- Ozzy Osbourne : Blizzard Of Ozz. Ozzy is the Godfather of Metal. I love all of his albums…but this one is best!
- Judas Priest : Defenders Of The Faith.
- Queensrÿche : Operation:Mindcrime. This album is a masterpiece! I usually don’t like concept albums…but this is the rare great concept-album!
- Quiet Riot : Metal Health. Every metal-head bought this album in 1983!
- RATT : Out Of The Cellar.
- Black Sabbath : Master Of Reality. Any Black Sabbath album is great!
- Savatage : Hall Of The Mountain King. By far their best album.
- Scorpions : Love At First Sting.
- Twisted Sister : Stay Hungry. Did you know that they dedicated this 1984 album to Arnold Schwarzenegger?
- Skid Row (their debut album). The song “Youth Gone Wild” is the perfect metal anthem.
- Dangerous Toys (their debut album).
What do you think of my list? Have you ever listened to any of these albums? Do you own them? Do you like them?
Write your own “Top 20 Best Albums” list in the comments section?