Some items I’ve heard on the news recently:
- A woman in her fifties asked a man in his twenties to stop playing a noisy video game on a crowded commuter train in Saitama, Japan.
At which, he became irate and insulting…and began to punch her in the face!
He managed to break the woman’s jaw before other commuters restrained him!
- Another man in his twenties pushed a elderly woman off of a train platform in front of an oncoming train at 東京駅 (Tokyo Station).
She was hit by the train…but luckily the train was already coming to a stop and her injuries weren’t life threatening! The man, of course, is being charged with attempted murder.
- Beginning April 1, 2009, Japan Railway (JR) train stations in Japan will become completely “smoke free“.
Currently, every station has designated smoking areas…but starting next Wednesday (April 1), every station will be entirely “no smoking”.
- There is a new disturbing current trend among teenagers in America. It’s called “Sëxting“.
“Sëxting” is the act of teenagers (usually girls) taking photos of themselves n@ked or semi-n@ked with their cell-phone camera and emailing them to friends.
- Toyota (currently the #1 car maker in the world) may be forced to help bail-out America’s “Big 3” car makers (Ford, GM, and Chrysler).
- The American rock band KISS is planning to release their first studio album of new songs in eleven years in September 2009.